Well, end of file 2012.
Malcolm found himself invited to one of those neighbourly New Year dos, where one has to do a party piece.
This one involved a round-robin quiz: every guest had to propose five questions, relating to year, just gone. Lose points if you’re a smart-arse who proposes a question no-one else in the party can answer.
Here were Malcolm’s five:
- Where would you see: Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria?
- Since the middle of 2012, wikipedia have included Bacon numbers in their biographies. Daniel Craig, Sean Connery, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe are all 2. So: what’s a Bacon number?
- If 2 is Bill Fairbanks; 4 is Aidan Flemings; 6 is Alec Trevelyan, who is 7? And how did his 23rd become the 14th to pass a billion?
- There were ten in 2012: Chris, Ernesto, Gordon, Isaac, Kirk, Leslie, Michael, Nadine, Rafael. Who came next and last?
- On Nov 6th the US Patent Office issued Apple with patent number D670,286. To what major technological advance did it refer?
Only number 5 was a mark down against Malcolm.
Answers to follow. Emailed answers welcomed and acknowledged.